June 6, 2014

Critters around the Hood

Some odds and ends pictures of various wild things around the yard.  You never know what you will see.

The first critter is a mangy Red Fox.  I'm sure this is one of them that hung around here all winter.  It still hasn't got rid of all it's winter coat.  It was digging in my wood pile looking for some chipmunks.



Next critter is a picture of a doe just across the road.  She another one of the year round residents.


Next, a couple of pictures of a Fox Squirrel.  I haven't seen one of these around for 3-4 years.



And last are some pictures of a Momma Chipmunk moving her nest to another location.  She's got to have bedding for the new nest.  I saw her move one of the young ones but it was so fast I couldn't grab the camera in time..  It was about 2" long including the fuzzy tail.  These are pictures of the 2nd and 3rd move of nesting.





2 comments:

Tabor said...

I guess she is trying to stay one step ahead of that mangy fox!!

Janice K said...

Those chipmunk pictures are precious...It must have been great to see her actually moving one of her babies.