February 12, 2013

Pheasants

For the last couple of years, I've had two pheasant hens that came to the feeders almost daily during the winter.  I started off with two this year but now only have one to come in for food.


I seldom see any roosters in the yard by do see them along the road quite often.  I happened to spot this one as he ran across the yard.  Everything that could be wrong with these pictures probably happened with them being long range on a running bird to strong light from behind which really washed out the colors.  Oh well, at least I tried.



3 comments:

Janice K said...

The thing is, you did catch him. Looke like he was in a hurry. They are so beautiful!

Lois Evensen said...

He looks like he is trying out for a roadrunner job! :) Very nice "catches." :)

Tabor said...

Great shots!!