December 11, 2012

Bringing out the big guns

We had out first big snowfall for this winter and it was a good one.  Not complaining because we need all the moisture we can get.  In this one snowfall, we equaled our total snowfall for last winter.

The storm started late Saturday evening and continues through Sunday night.  Woke up to 10+ inches Sunday morning and it continued to snow all day.  Then in the afternoon the winds picked up out of the northwest at 20-25 mph and blew most of the night.

I haven't seen the snow totals yet but here at the lake, I'd say we got a good 12-14 inches and then with the wind (blizzard) that followed, we ended up with 3 to 5 foot drifts.

The pictures are from Monday morning when the driveway was being cleaned out.  One of the guys told me that the Highway Patrol had closed all the area highways until they were cleaned off.  Been here 5 winters now and that's the first time they have closed the highways.







4 comments:

Janice K said...

We had our first snowfall of the year last night. Thankfully it was just a dusting but enought to make the trees look beautiful.

Hope you get dug out soon.

warriormom said...

Wow, to get all of last year's in one storm this year? Better you than me, I say. Stay warm. I like your snow thrower!!

Tabor said...

Lovely and intimidating at the same time. I doubt that we will see snow at all this year. I just posted a marigold photo.

Peruby said...

Holy wow!